All CCCOnline faculty are assigned a network address and @cccs.edu email account.
Faculty needs assistance entering email for the first time
CCCOnline Faculty - Requesting a new password / login issues.
Step 1. Faculty member will need to submit a ProfHelp form.
Step 2. E-mail passwords will be reset Monday-Friday 7am-5:30pm MT.
Step 3. Login to the CCCOnline Portal: https://myportal.cccs.edu/
Step 4. Click the Faculty tab. Locate the Faculty Gateway Access widget on the right. Click the ProfHelp CCCS E-mail Request Form link.
Step 5. Complete and submit the form. Once submitted, CCCS-IT will assist during regular business hours of 7am to 5:30pm Monday through Friday, except as published in the college’s holiday schedule.
CCCOnline Faculty - Assistance entering email for the first time.
Step 1. Faculty email address should be email@example.com
- Example: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Temporary password sent in notification email from HR
- Note: Some exceptions exist:
- When faculty pass the 60 day expiration period without changing their password, they are locked out of their cccs.edu email account. The CCCS Faculty email password expires every 60 days.
Step 2. Login to CCCOnline portal.
Step 3. Under the Faculty tab, find the CCCS Email Access (OWA) email link.
Step 4. Enter domain\network if (aka username) where:
- Domain is cccs
- Username is first initial and lastname. For example, jsmith would be cccs\jsmith
- Note: Some exceptions exist
OWA Troubleshooting tips:
After 3 unsuccessful login attempts, CCCS network addresses (needed to access OWA email) will lock for 20 minutes after the last mis-attempt.
Wait at least 30 minutes before retrying their access with the correct domain, username, and password.
If issue continues, fill out and submit ProfHelp form (see step 4 in 'request a password reset')
Faculty with an email address from another CCCS college, will still receive a CCCS email because they teach at CCCOnline. Only the cccs.edu email will be used by CCCOnline. Faculty will need to check both email addresses on a regular basis.